More About WINKS
BeSmart Notes for WINKS
to learn more about BeSmartNotestm
for WINKS SAS and SPSS
WINKS SDA Updates
Updates Sept, 2011, Dec, 2011, April 2012, Dec 2012, March 2015
The most up-to-date version of WINKS SDA 7.07
Our goal is to keep you updated to the latest version of WINKS -- please check here periodically by clicking on Help, and "Check for Updates" To download and install the
1. The update will NOT overwrite any of your data files. However, we always recommend that you back up your data files.
2. You must have your version 7 code to reactivate your software. If you do not know it, go to
Help/About to find your code and write it down. Version 6 users click here to update version 6, or here to upgrade to version 7.
2. Uninstall your current version 7 of
WINKS SDA. To uninstall click Start/Programs/ Texasoft/Winks7/Uninstall..
3 To install the update download the file indicated in the above link.
4. Once the new version is installed, you are prompted to reenter your activation code. That's it... Also, click on the Tutorials button on the www.texasoft.com web page to see updated tutorials.
NOTE IMPORTANT: For Windows 7 64 bit users -- After installing WINKS -- To run the program, right click on the WINKS icon on your desktop, click on 'Run as administrator'. WINKS will now run normally.
Updates September 15, 2011
- Merge files by appending datasets (Edit menu)
- Merge files by key variable data item (such as ID) (Edit menu)
- Transpose files by making the columns into rows (Edit menu)
- Transpose files by combining multiple records with same key variable
- Correction to Chi-square value for some tables, where value was rounded
- Added features in WINKS-R programming
- Added R routine examples for Sample Size estimation for single sample t-test, independent group t-test and paired t-test
- Added R routine examples for Factor Analysis
- Correction to fix insert rows problem
- Correction of some typos in the Getting Started tutorial
- Help notes for running WINKS on Windows 7 64 bit and Vista
Additional updates October 6, 2011 & December 20, 2011
- Added partial correlation option for the Correlation matrix (Professional version)
- Improved the look of the WINKS R Variables selection dialog box and updated the WINKS R tutorial
- A column of true autocorrelations is now created when estimates are calculated in the Time Series procedure
- Correction to date format
- Added Likelihood ratio test for crosstabulation analysis
Updates for WINKS SDA
6 Version 6.0.92
December 28 , 2010
Important -- Before Updating:
- Make sure you have your version 6.0 activation
code. It is available by selecting Help/About from the WINKS
- Uninstall the current WINKS 6 program by choosing
Start/Programs/TexaSoft/WINKS SDA 6/Uninstall WINKS (This should
not erase any of your data files, but it is always advisable to keep
backups of all data files.)
- Download WINKS SDA 6.0.92
- Getting Started Guide for Version 6
- Additional graph options for pie and bar charts and line graphs
- New ways to create variables -- simpler and more extensive options
- Choose to display hypothesis and writeup helps in Setup menu
- New context sensitive helps in several dialog boxes
February 7, 2009
- Added color and size selection to the normal curve on a histogram.
- Corrected an occasional bug involving missing values for groups in
July 25, 2008 (6.05b)
- Added ability to calculate new column of z-scores for numeric
- Increased maximum groups to 40 for one-way ANOVA and one-way repeated
measures (40 repeats).
- Added editor option to create indicator variables from categorical
April 4, 2008 (6.05a)
- Corrected problems with descriptive statistics/grouping variables and
with program sometimes using 0 as missing values in grouped mean when a
missing value was not defined for the dataset.
- Corrected problem with filtering data in editor.
March 22, 2008 (6.05)
- Added Outcomes and Probabilities module that calculates combinations
and permutations (Tools menu)
- Corrected occasional problem in filter procedures in data editor
- Corrected occasional problem of importing character values fields for
- Added Grubbs & Tukey tests for outliers (Analyze/Descriptives menu)
- Added an evaluation version of Kwikstat Data Generator (Tools menu)
- Added Tukey Style Multiple Comparisons of Proportions to
Crosstabulations procedures for 2xc or rx2 tables
October 1, 2007
- Allow labels in crosstabulations entered from keyboard
- Edit/Create indicator variables from a categorical variable
- Allows you to select if risk measures are shown in 2x2 crosstabulation
- Fix for importing Excel file with date variables
- Fix for sensitivity and specificity calculations when there are zeros
in some cells
- Added 95% CI for single sample t-test
July 7, 2007
Import a specific Excel spreadsheet when multiple sheets are in a workbook
Export Excel spreadsheets with variable names on first row
Fixes for missing values that sometimes were not saved
ROC curve, sensitivity and specificity added to Logistic regression
Additional Excel graphs added
Create frequency graphs (bar and pie) from raw data
Repeat last analysis with one click (repeat icon)
Fix for sort that sometimes did not work
Fix for delete column that sometimes did not work
Prompts monthly to check on the availability of a program update
Other minor and cosmetic fixes
June 19, 2007 version 6.0.2
- Fixes for some bugs involved with reading Excel files.
- Other cosmetic fixes.
May 22, 2007: Version 6.0.1
- A fix to setting decimal points in Attributes, which
sometimes did not work.
- Initial implementation of an optional feature where a
write-up describing the results of a test is included in the
output. This initial implementation includes write-ups for t-test, paired t-test,
one-way ANOVA and correlation.
- Addition of 95% confidence intervals for Pearson
- A fix to the missing values -- sometimes they
- A fix to keep the same save directory for multiple
- A fix to make installation on Vista Windows work
- Added the Getting Started Guide to the Help
menu and an easy access button.
Updates to WINKS 4.8 Manual
Updates to WINKS 4.8 Program
8-15-05 - Updated install to one that does a better job of
1-7-05 - Corrections were made to some of the graph labels and a bug
was fixed that sometimes made Fisher's p-value too large.
1-25-05 -- Correction made to One Way ANOVA -- when text variable used
for grouping variable the labels on the results were sometimes incorrectly
To get the latest full WINKS 4.8 update please contact us at
Download WINKS 4.8