Update for Current WINKS 7 Users
Recent professional journals citing WINKS
"WINKS is an excellent basic program that runs well on my laptop. I find that I use it more than SAS" - Dr. Jim Dickson, Iowa State University
"I recommend WINKS to anyone who needs a quick and easy program to perform data analysis." - Dr. Wayne Woodward, Southern Methodist University.
"[WINKS is] brilliant to teach students statistics with the null and alternative hypotheses."
- Dr. Jorgen Fabricius, Denmark
WINKS runs on
Windows XP, Vista and
Windows 7 & 8
(32 & 64 bit).
Affordable Statistical Software for
Health, Science, Business, and Government
Cool Spring Special
- Free Shipping for WINKS...
Awesome! A full-featured statistics software program
starting at $75 for the download BASIC version.
A Message for Statistics Instructors
Now is the time to think about your next statistics course.
Over the past 20+ years thousands of students have learned statistics using WINKS Statistical Data Analysis from TexaSoft. It is designed to make it easier to teach and explain how statistics is used in research. Try it for one semester, and we know you’ll use it in your class again and again.
Click on the Instructors button at the left to request more information or a desk copy.
Yes, we're a small company, but we've listened to statistics instructors for decades, and created a software program that has what you want for your students. Try it once...you'll see.
"I consider WINKS a treasure."
- Bill Lafitte, Pepperdine University-GSEP
WINKS Statistical Data Analytics(SDA) & Graphs is designed to help you use statistical analysis; from introductory analyses (BASIC EDITION) to more advanced topics (PROFESSIONAL.) Use WINKS in the classroom to learn statistics, or as a data analysis tool for your theses, dissertations, professional journal articles, reports, and research projects. We guarantee WINKS will meet your statistical needs -- or your money back. (Return within 30 days for full refund.)
More about WINKS SDA >>
WINKS SDA, 7th Edition
Statistical Data Analytics & Graphs
WINKS SDA is software designed to help you learn and use statistics for your own research. Use it for your next Statistical Analytics and "Big Data" projects. Designed for healthcare, predictive, science, and business analytics.
WINKS BASIC – For introductory and intermediate statistical instruction and analysis
WINKS PROESSIONAL – For higher level instruction and analysis: theses, dissertations, research projects and journal articles.
WINKS is an economical, reliable and simple to use statistical analysis tool designed to help students and researchers get the statistical answers they need.
WINKS contains a wide range of statistical tests including many handy features not found in programs such as SPSS or SAS -- for example, easy analysis from summary data (as well as from raw data), nonparametric multiple comparisons, APA standard analysis write-ups and more.
The newest features include Grubbs Test for outliers and Tukey Test for outliers, Kwikstat Data Generator evaluation edition, multiple comparisons in 2xc and rx2 crosstabulation (Chi-Square) analysis) & Permutations and combinations calculator.
Statistical tests such as t-tests (paired t test, independent group t test/unpaired t test), ANOVA, regression, correlation, repeated measures, logistic regression, times series analysis, chi-square, Bland-Altman, Kruskal-Wallis, Mann-Whitney and much more.
Friendly interface with easy Excel-like data handling & graphs (reads and writes Excel files.)
PROMPT delivery to you when you order now.
Print a brochure (pdf format)
Recent updates include
- Added ability to calculate new column of z-scores for numeric variables.
- Increased maximum groups to 40 for one-way ANOVA and one-way repeated measures (40 repeats).
- Added editor option to create indicator variables from categorical variables.
- Added Outcomes and Probabilities module that calculates combinations and permutations.
- Added Grubbs & Tukey tests for outliers.
- Added Multiple Comparisons of Proportions to Crosstabulations procedures for 2xc or rx2 tables
- Updates are free to current users.
More about WINKS >>
Some WINKS Awards
Quick Comparison - WINKS vs Industry Leaders
| || |
|t-tests (one, two, paired) || |
|ANOVA (one-way, multi-factor, repeated) || |
|Analysis of Covariance w plots || |
|Regression (simple, multi, stepwise) || |
|Chi-Square/Crosstab/Fishers || |
|Analyze from summary stats || |
|Bland-Altman Plots || |
|APA Writeup Suggestions || |
|Grubbs Outlier Test || |
|Retail Version Cost w Statistics Modules || |
$99 to $229
|NOTE: WINKS Student pricing is lower. Click for student pricing. |
Now available: Run R Code in WINKS 7
* Factor Analysis Example
*Instructions on Running R code in WINKS
BeSmartNotestm & Statistical
Laminated Statistical Reference Cards for
- WINKS SDA Basic Statistics Reference
- SPSS Basic Statistics Reference
- SAS Basic Statistics Reference
- SAS ODS (Output delivery System) Reference
- SAS Functions
- SAS Arrays
- SAS Combo Pack
Handy reference notes -- laminated 8.5x11 three hole punched reference cards with helpful information for beginners and avid users:
Purchase BeSmartNotes Reference sheets at the TexaSoft on-line store.
WINKS is WINdows KwikStat
"No programming required ... to perform any analysis in WINKS."
A sampling of WINKS statistical analytics procedures
- Extensive descriptive statistics -- with group breakdowns, extreme cases, confidence intervals, percentiles, test for normality, and more
- Grubbs outlier test
- t-tests -single, independent and paired
- Multiple Regression, simple, stepwise, polynomial, all-possible
- Logistic Regression
- ANOVA, simple, multi-way with multiple comparisons, 96% CI
- Analysis of Covariance
- Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Comparison of Means
- Correlation - Pearson, Spearman & Partial
- Extensive Graphics
- Non-parametric Tests
- Friedman's test (repeated measures)
- Mutiple Comparisons
- Dunnett's test
- Crosstabulation, Chi-Square, Liklihood Ratio
- Survival Analysis
- Bland-Altman Plots
- Odds Ratios
- Inter-Rater Reliability
- Kappa (Weighted)
- Fisher's Exact test 2x2 tables
- Cramers V, Phi
- McNemar's, Cochran's Q
- Sensitivity and specificity
- ROC curves
- Read and write Excel data
- On-line step-by-step tutorials
- Output includes informtion on how to interpret and write up results
- Many other statistical features
- Runs on Windows 7 & 8 (as well as Vista, XP, and other versions)
- Student pricing available
How to run WINKS on a Mac
WINKS will run on a Mac when Windows in installed. Go to this link to find out other options.